- If you need to reschedule your phoning day, you are expected to swap with another phoner (refer to the monthly schedule); then notify the FISH answering service at 781-861-9300, Phoner Coordinator Mary Burnell (781- 862-2023), and your assigned drivers. Note that this information is also listed at the top of every monthly schedule.
- Retrieve ride requests from the answering service between 1:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m. on your calling day. If you are not available during that time, please let the answering service know beforehand or be sure to call later that day.
- You may ask drivers to take more than one assignment on a given day, although as always, they may decline assignments.
- Once you have planned the driving assignments, call the drivers to inform them of their assignment(s), and be sure to call the answering service (782-861-9300), identifying the driver for each client. If possible, call after 7 p.m., when it is less busy.
- Call any client for whom you cannot arrange a ride, after calling back-up drivers.
- Call drivers between 4 p.m. and 6 p.m. with their assignments. If no answer, try later in the evening. No answer? Leave a voice message with details about the client(s) and destination(s). In the phone message, ask the driver to call you to confirm that it has been received and the assignment(s) will be filled.
- Call all drivers, even those for whom you have no assignments.
- Notify the answering service if you hear from a driver that a client has cancelled the appointment and does not need a ride.
Please read the FISH Phoner Information flier for complete information about your very important role!